WHO WE ARE
Since 1976, Steve Morris' Defensive Driving School has been teaching drivers of all ages to drive like a pro. Our unmatched experience and expertise in Santa Barbara County will assist you in facing the complex process of learning to drive as well as assisting you through the maze of the ever changing rules of the DMV.
Contact us today at:
- Submit our contact form
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Call us at: (805) 965-7979
Steve grew up in Burbank, CA. He attended Cal-State Los Angeles on an athletic scholarship and upon graduation moved to Santa Barbara. Finding it difficult to find a teaching position, he sold women's shoes in La Cumbre Plaza where he learned all about being patient. Later, Steve was able to find a part-time job with a local driving school owned by a California Highway Patrolman. This driving school went out of business when the patrolman was transferred to another city. This is when Steve started his driving school in 1976.
- He has a lifetime teaching credential in Driver Education and Traffic Safety from the State of California.
- Operation Life Saver presenter (railroad crossing safety).
- Member of the California Association of Safety Educators (CASE).
- Served as board member of the North American Professional Driver's Education Association (NAPDEA).
- Attends continuing education seminars conducted by the Driving School Association of California (DSAC) twice a year.
- Has taught defensive driving courses to company employees of Cox Communications, Wil-Tel and William's Communications. He has also taught defensive driving courses to faculty at Cate School, Santa Barbara Middle School and Anacapa School.
- Works with patients and therapists at Cottage Rehabilitation Institute's driver evaluation and improvement program.
- Santa Barbara's 1st LCI (League of American Bicyclists Cycling Instructor)
- Holds a current CPR & First Aid Card.
- Current Track & Field Coach at Dos Pueblos High School
- Former Track & Field Coach at Bishop Diego and San Marcos High Schools as well as Westmont College.
- While attending Cal-State Los Angeles, worked six summers with the Los Angeles County Road Department as a laborer maintaining the roads throughout Los Angeles County.
- Steve has two daughters and has been married for over 40 years.
Joe is our popular bilingual instructor. He has worked for our defensive driving school for over 15 years. Joe is an avid soccer fan and was an outstanding player for Santa Barbara High School. After graduating from SBHS, Joe studied at Santa Barbara City College and then transferred to UC-Santa Barbara where he earned his degree and teaching credential. He currently teaches at a middle school in downtown Los Angeles and teaches driving with our school on the weekends and during the school breaks. Dealing with L.A. traffic on a daily basis makes Joe a survivor and he enjoys passing these defensive driving tips along to his students.
Mary is an important addition to our team as our customer service representative. She will be your first contact when you call our driving school. She speaks both English and Spanish.
We searched the WORLD for the perfect person to deliver excellent service to our customers. Mary's previous experience included Freebirds WORLD Burrito in Isla Vista. Mary is married with 3 beautiful girls. She is also attending Santa Barbara City College with an emphasis in Criminal Justice.
Mary is friendly, knowledgeable and caring.
GIVE HER A CALL! 805-965-7979